Laser Cutting of a Gasket for Pharmaceutical Use
A customer in the pharmaceutical industry needed a company with the experience and specialized skill to handle high-end customer supplied materials. Miller Gasket was contracted to do the work as highlighted here, which consisted of the fabrication of a custom gasket from expensive material, utilizing our specialized laser cutting process. Employing our 100 watt laser cutter, .030” Kalrez material was cut to precise configurations while holding a non accumulative ±0.013mm tolerance. 125 holes of various sizes were then cut into the gasket. Accuracy and integrity were ensured with our in-process inspection protocol, using our on-site Micro-Vu vertex measuring system. The gaskets were sonic cleaned, and custom packaged in individual sealed bags.
Overall dimensions of the finished part were 120mm x 85.5mm, completed after a 3 week turnaround time. 100 units were supplied for this project, shipped to the customer on the East Coast. At Miller Gasket we are fully equipped to take on challenging projects, as well as meeting specific demands for material usage and tight tolerances.
For more details about this custom laser cut gasket fabrication, or our water jet cutting and die cutting capabilities please see the table below or contact us directly.
Laser Cutting Highlights of a Gasket for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Product Description
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Laser Cutting
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 100 watt laser
- Laser Cutting
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Gasket dimension: 120MM x 85.5MM with 125 holes of various diameters
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Customer supplied .030” thick Kalrez
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- In process inspection performed on our MICRO-VU VERTEX MEASURING CENTER
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- East Coast.
- Product Name
- Additional Facts
- Laser cut .030” thick Kalrez (very expensive), gasket 120MM x 85.5MM with 125 holes of various diameters. Tolerance, .13MM non accumulative. Sonic clean and seal gaskets in individual bags
- Why did you choose this project to show case?
- Show customer confidence that we will meet specifications required on customer supplied, very expensive material.
- Other related capabilities not used in case study, but require mention
- Die Cutting, Water Jet Cutting