Laser Cutting of a Micro Valve Membrane
For over 45 years, Miller Gasket has been a proud single source producer of custom gaskets, as well as providing high quality die cutting services, and high volume laser cutting. In the project highlighted here, we were contracted to perform the precision laser cutting of a micro valve membrane for a customer in the valve industry, a part used to direct flow of fluids. Employing our advanced 100 watt laser, .0005” thick (1/2 mil) polyester material was cut to the specified configurations, holding the tightest tolerances of ±0.002” during the laser cutting process. Finished dimensions of the irregular shaped membrane were .75” by .600”, with a thickness of 0.0005”. Holes and slots were also cut in to the part as specified, without sacrificing tolerance levels. Quality and accuracy were guaranteed with in-process testing using an onsite Micro-Vu vertex measuring center.
1000 units were produced for this project, completed after a turnaround time of one week. The valve membranes were packaged and shipped to the customer in the East Coast.
For more information about this micro valve membrane project or the other micro cutting capabilities we possess please see the table below or contact us directly.
Laser Cutting Project Highlights of a Micro Valve Membrane
- Product Description
- Micro Valve Membrane to Direct Flow of Fluid
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Laser Cutting
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 100 Watt laser
- Laser Cutting
- Overall Part Dimensions
- .75” x .600” x .0005”
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- .0005”( ½ Mil )Polyester
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- In process inspection performed on our MICRO-VU VERTEX MEASURING CENTER
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- One Week
- Delivery Location
- East Coast
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Valve Membrane
- Additional Facts
- Laser cut an irregular part .75” x .600” with a holes and slots from .0005” thick Polyester with tight tolerances.
- Why did you choose this project to show case?
- Micro cutting capabilities.
- Other related capabilities not used in case study, but require mention
- Die Cutting, Laser Cutting