Laser Cutting & Laminating of an LCD Bezel Gasket & Shield for Electronic Applications
An electronics customer contracted Miler Gasket to manufacture an LCD bezel gasket and shield. Utilizing on-site state-of-the-art equipment including a hydraulic press, laminator, and 250 watt laser. A multistep manufacturing process was carried out on 50 durometer neoprene and .005” black Lexan material. This included our developed laser cutting process, material lamination of two different materials, and die cutting. Quality was assured with our in process inspection system, employing our onsite Micro-Vu vertex measuring center.
Overall part dimensions for the finished unit were 2.516” x 2.765”, and a total laminated thickness of a .035”. The materials were laminated together while keeping the same outside perimeter. 5,000 pieces are created annually for this customer, manufactured after a 3 week turnaround time and shipped to California as specified.
For more details about this custom laminated gasket and shield fabrication or the other capabilities of Miller Gasket please see the table below or contact us directly.
Laser Cutting & Laminating Project Highlights of an LCD Bezel Gasket & Shield
- Product Description
- LCD Bezel Gasket & Shield
Laminate two materials together with both having the same outside
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Laser Cutting
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 250 watt Laser, Hydraulic Press, Laminator.
- Laser Cutting
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 2.516” x 2.765” x .035” total laminated thickness
- Tightest Tolerances
- ±.005 in
- Material Used
- Neoprene 50 Durometer & .005” Black Lexan
.032” & .005”( Material Thickness)
- In process testing/inspection performed
- In process inspection performed on our MICRO-VU VERTEX MEASURING CENTER
- Industry for Use
- 5000 annual
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Gasket /Shield
- Additional Facts
- Multistep manufacturing including, die cutting, laser cutting and laminating.
- Why did you choose this project to show case?
- Show manufacturing capabilities for producing multipart assemblies.
- Other related capabilities not used in case study, but require mention
- Water jet Cutting